Bazinga!

Welcome to the XerainGaming forums! If you are new here, be sure to register & introduce yourself in our Introduction area HERE

Photo
- - - - -

Forum Moderator Applications

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#1 xert77

xert77

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • 965 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Hey everyone,

With the new forum we are looking to keep things in order from day one. We wanna ensure that this is a safe, enjoyable, spam free zone. As Andre and I will not always be able to keep tabs on everything that goes on here, we are looking for some mature, cool headed people to become moderators.

The requirements:
  • You will be able to visit the forums on a regular basis
  • You will encourage conversations & interaction on the forums.
  • You will be in control of certain sections of the forum, controlling spam, disputes, bad language etc.
  • You will be there to help users & answer questions which they may have.
  • You gotta be Bazinga Shizzle epic & cool.

If you would like to be a moderator on the forums then please reply to this topic in the following format:

• First Name:
  • Age (preferably 16+):
  • Country (it will be nice to have different time zones):
  • Reason why you would make a good moderator:
  • What is the best thing about being a moderator?:

Please only reply with a response in this format, anything else will be deleted. Also please do not make multiple posts.

A huge thanks to everyone who submits,
Danny
  • DarkFino likes this

#2 red_panda14

red_panda14

Red-est of the Pandas

• 1,140 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

First Name:Liam (like the actor)
Age (preferably 16+): 16
Country (it will be nice to have different time zones):USA in the Eastern Time Zone
Reason why you would make a good moderator: I am on the forums every day (I was a senior member in the last forum and I had good karma and a few "Thank You"s.
What is the best thing about being a moderator?: Sorting out people's problems about the server and the new website. And spreading blazing a shizzle epicness!

#3 MisterCyberPanda

MisterCyberPanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

First Name:Jonathan
Reason Why I Would Be A Good Moderator:This One Gets To Me But What I Think Makes Me A Good Moderator Is Being Able To Be On The Website Every Day And Being Able To Solve Peoples Problems If Needed
Best Thing About Being A Moderator:The Best Thing For Me Is To Be Able To Help People Get Directed To What They Need And Looking Forward To This Becoming The Best Website EVER Also Being Able To Work On The Same Site As Danny And Andre (XerainGaming) Because Theyre Bazinga Shizzle Awsome And Also Being Able To Stop Using Caps In Every Word

#4 bostonmonster

bostonmonster

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

First Name: bostonmonster
Coutnry: USA
Reason Why I would Be A Good Moderator: I am currently a mod of the xeraingaming server and I love helping people and have experience in this field.
Best Thing About Being A Moderator: I love when people understand how everything works and the best part is helping new people to minecraft and the forums.

#5 ThunderCam777

ThunderCam777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

•First Name: Cameron
•Age (preferably 16+): 13 (I am mature though)
•Country (it will be nice to have different time zones): Mississippi in the USA - CST
•Reason why you would make a good moderator: I've moderated other forums and I know the difference between what is right and what is wrong, so I can correct other mistakes. Also on the other forum, I had 3 Thank You's and 1 Karma :D
•What is the best thing about being a moderator?: Preventing spam and bad posts, and having Moderator under your name :)

Edited by ThunderCam777, 18 July 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#6 SuperDevil10

SuperDevil10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

minecraft name-SuperDevil10
age-14
country-Canada mountain time zone
reasons why I would be a good moderator-I think I would be a good moderator because I am nice and respectful I love to help out in the community. Also I like to have fun and build while being serious other times

what is the best thing about being a moderator-the best thing about being a moderator is helping out in the community and enforcing the rules to make a safe environment in the community

Edited by SuperDevil10, 31 July 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#7 DexterDoggie

DexterDoggie

Xerainiac

• 1,090 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

First Name:DDexterDoggie

Age (preferably 16+): 44, sigh

Country (it will be nice to have different time zones): USA, Eastern Time Zone

Reason why you would make a good moderator: The reasons why I would make a good moderator are that I am reliable, dedicated, willing to learn, effective communicator, fair and a great sense of humor.

What is the best thing about being a moderator?: The best thing about being a forum moderator is the opportunity to become more involved with my son's favorite entertainment (ok, mine too). Being a parent, I understand the potential pitfalls of an online community and would enjoy spending time ensuring the XG forum is a safe and fun place.

#8 DatGamingGirl:D

DatGamingGirl:D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

First name: Ashley :D (I know. a girl. OMG ;) ahha)
reason I would be a good moderator: Well I'm helpful and kind to everyone, and also I am kind of young, so I can understand younger people and the problems they need help with. I also just really enjoy helping others :D
Best thing about being a moderator: getting to feel like you have made a difference after helping someone. And getting too work with some amazing people, Danny and Andre :D.
~Ashley xx

#9 elnut

elnut

Advanced Member

• VIP User
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

First name: nicolas

Reason I would be a good moderator: well I have experience running a server I know from right or wrong I'm nice I'm the right age I don't accuse anyone unless I have proof I don't have any eniemies on the server I've never been banned or temp banned on a server and I've never broken one rule

Best thing about being moderator: I get to help people a lot help make the server a better place and make sure everyone has fun but at the same time respects the rules

Minecraft name: elnut

Edited by elnut, 19 July 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#10 sndeang51

sndeang51

Retired Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed Location

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

First Name: Derek
Age (preferably 16+):14
Country (it will be nice to have different time zones): United States, Eastern Time Zone
Reason why you would make a good moderator: I have some experience with forums and I have made my own websites before that had successful forums in them. I have access to computer on a regular basis and am very capable of settling problems in a diplomatic way. I always look at problems with a non-biased opinion. I have a decent knowledge of computers thanks to a school I went to that gave us laptops during the year along with classes on how to use them. I am on this website often and I tend to know whats going on.
What is the best thing about being a moderator?: The best thing about being a moderator is that you can bring people from many different parts of the world together and still keep things from getting out of hand yet still have a fun place to talk and meet new people. As a moderator you can also help with making sure that there is never any problems on the forum.

#11 xert77

xert77

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • 965 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hey everyone,

It's amazing to see how many applications there have been already & I have read through them all so far. What we will do is watch the forums over the next week or two and see how active everyone is, post quality & interactions with others. Then we should be able to appoint some amazing Mods!

#12 xerainyiannis

xerainyiannis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

First Name:Yiannis
Age (preferably 16+):12
Country (it will be nice to have different time zones):Greece
Reason why you would make a good moderator:I have a lot of time to spend and love to work for xeraingaming!
What is the best thing about being a moderator?:helping people new to the channel and website!

#13 MisterCyberPanda

MisterCyberPanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hi I Saw You On The Server

#14 Chefcouchon

Chefcouchon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

First name:- Harry
Reasons for good moderator:- I have done this before. I make good progress. I'm always on forums so I won't miss anything ya know. It's a great job and I know what I'm doing
What's the best thing about mod:- the fact that it isn't boring. There is some boring shizzle out there and this is not part if it. This is my chance to help and show my appreciation after all the hard work you put in making great videos. bazinga

Edited by Chefcouchon, 13 July 2013 - 10:54 AM.
Spelling

#15 mrdougsan

mrdougsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

Hey Danny,

First Name: Dylan
Country (it will be nice to have different time zones): I live in New Zealand so when it's 3pm on Friday in the UK, it's 2am on Saturday in New Zealand so there is a pretty good time difference :)
Reason why you would make a good moderator: I really like to help people out, I have a lot of time to spare so I can spend all day on the forums just watching over everything, I have been a mod on one other website so there's at least a bit of experience hidden inside me and all I love doing is helping make the forums a better place and promote them as a friendly, sociable place for all XerainGaming fans to hand out and just discuss anything within reason :)
What is the best thing about being a moderator?: The real best thing about being a moderator, especially on these forums, is the feeling of actually being able to make it a much better place and make it somewhere where anybody, any age, can go, by making sure it's safe (no swearing or any of that) and actively engaging in conversations to make it heaps of fun.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application,
Dylan

#16 BrunoTS

BrunoTS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

First Name: Bruno
Country (it will be nice to have different time zones): Portugal
Reason why you would make a good moderator: It's not the first time I'm a moderator on a website, I have some experience controlling these places, and I'll make everyone happy :D
What is the best thing about being a moderator?: You can help other people, answering questions (that's my favourite part, I love helping) and sometimes you get something in return. It's really cool being a moderator, after my first time being a moderator in a website, I wanted more, because it's so bazinga shizzle cool! The best thing about being a moderator is that you can make justice. If someone is threatning someone, or using bad language, you can ban that evil person. I just hope I become a moderator here :D Bazinga.

#17 ollok222

ollok222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

First name: Ollie (my username is ollok222)

Reasons why I would make a good moderator: Well i am a very chilled out person but i will still enforce rules, im bazinga shizzle epic (and cool) , i love helping people when they need it, im good at negotiating with angry people and solving arguments, i will be happy to answer questions people have

What is the best thing about being a moderator: I think the best thing about being a moderator is being to help people and interact with the Xeraingaming community.

I hope you will consider me despite me not being 16+ as i am a big fan and love to be able to help you guys in whatever way i can, my regards, Ollie

P.S. I have some experience being a moderator on a minecraft server which was closed, i was very helpful and really enjoyed it

Edited by ollok222, 14 July 2013 - 01:18 AM.

#18 danbagel

danbagel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

First name: Dan

Reasons why I'd be a good mod, I have a record of helping others, I'd like to help prevent griefing and stealing and I won't use my trust and power for my own reasons, instead for others reasons.

#19 Chefcouchon

Chefcouchon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

First name: Dan

Reasons why I'd be a good mod, I have a record of helping others, I'd like to help prevent griefing and stealing and I won't use my trust and power for my own reasons, instead for others reasons.

This is the wrong thread, this is FORUM moderator thread lol
Chefcouchon!

Twitter @Chefcouchon

#20 danbagel

danbagel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Oh whoops I guess I need to pay attention to the title more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users